Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Hidden America





Watch: A Hidden America - Children of the Mountains torrent on monova.com

Seeing the way some families live in the hills of Applachia is bound to make you question whether their government even knows they're there. With a poverty rate three times that of the national average, and a laundry list of common health problems caused by their conditions, we meet young people who are teetering on the edge of their fate - to follow that of their family, or to find a route towards better. Babies teethed on Mountain Dew and prevelant drug abuse lay on one side, and a struggle without the resources necessary to overcome it on the other. Diane Sawyer explores the hopes and challenges conflicting within these four youths.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason my previous comment never showed up...
    For your reference, what it said was that I stumbled on to your blog from your facebook post, was about to ask where you found such a cool reference like this for documentaries etc., then I realized it was your blog.
    Thanks for the reasons for eating up my bandwidth this month.
    FYI, you've been added to my blogs "Other Sites You Should Check Out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent, I'll keep em coming. I've got one lined up for tonight in fact - here's a hint...DINOSAURS!! woop!

    ReplyDelete